AECB News : AECB CarbonLite Passivhaus Designer Course in Hereford, September
The next course is coming up on the 7th September 2015. Architype, an inspiring architectural Practice, will host our September course at their restored and sustainable office in Hereford.
Secure your place now with 10% deposit & get the early bird rate! The full course for £2000+VAT*. Contact Ingrid Bravo on 01752452546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Passivhaus and Low Energy Building Design is rapidly becoming an essential skill for Architects, Consultants and Self-builders. Our course will give you the confidence to tackle UK low energy projects along with more specific guidance on achieving the standard of air tightness and thermal bridge free construction required by the Passivhaus standard. Our course is delivered by highly experienced UK professionals and leads to international accreditation as a Certified Passivhaus Designer or Consultant.
Why AECB Carbonlite?
- Obtain an international accreditation as a Certified Passivhaus Designer or Consultant.
- Our Course is the only one developed specifically for the UK and uses UK building examples,rather than the European CEPH material taught by others.
- This course is written and taught by leaders in UK Passivhaus development, They are the experts who are actually successfully designing/ building Passivhaus in UK: amongst others,Bill Butcher, Alan Clarke, Sally Godber, Nick Grant, Eric Parks, Marine Sanchez, Mark Siddall, Will South, Peter Warm and the WARM staff who have supported over 200 buildings in low energy design as well as being Passivhaus certifiers.
For full details click here.
Our course also includes a Passivhaus site visit and optional meal out as part of the Science module on 28th Apr and Building Services module on 11th May.
Too busy at the moment?
Book individual days or take the first week of the course in April and the second week in our next courses:
Architype, an inspiring architectural Practice, will host our September course at their restored and sustainable office in Hereford.
- Week1: 7th to 11th September
- Week2: 21st -25th September
- Week1: 2nd-6th November
- Week2: 16th-+20th November
Full Passivhaus Cost: £2,400 + VAT for AECB members, (£2,800 + VAT for non-members); from £300+ VAT for individual modules.
Online Therm course
How bad are your thermal bridges? Thermal bridges are one of the key ways that buildings lose much more heat than expected. Understanding them is critical to designing low energy buildings. Learn how to use the (free) software “THERM” with the experts from the AECB CarbonLite team. The new online Therm course allows people to learn at their own speed and in their own time.
Watch our 2 min promotional video here: www.carbonlitetraining.co.uk
To sample the course you can log in as a guest and use the set up instructions “Setting up THERM for Use in Thermal Bridge Calculations” that will guide you step by step to install Therm on your computer. The initial set up of Therm can be a bit tricky and as part of the course we offer assistance if you get stuck.
The on-line course cost is £200+VAT for one year’s access to the Moodle course and a nominal 2 hours support by email. Contact email@example.com for more details.