REALcosting for PHPP v9.6
Retrofitting insulation into houses improves comfort, reduces running costs and saves CO2. REALcosting software allows users to try out retrofit measures and see the impact on energy and cost. It can include co-benefits and is giving encouraging results for deep retrofits.
Retrofit Economics Analysis and Lifetime costing, or ‘REALcosting’, is an Excel based spreadsheet which fills in PHPP (Passivhaus Planning Package) energy calculations for you. Energy results are combined with adjustable costs to show how economic each option is. It’s simple but amazingly flexible and has undergone thorough testing.
REALcosting is used with the latest version of Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP sold separately by AECB), which has improved energy calculations, error checking/warnings and a particularly useful feature called Variants. The programming language used means the software us only suitable for PC’s.
Data input to REALcosting that automatically feeds into PHPP is easy and fast and features:
- easy selection of climate and orientation
- option to include co-benefits in the calculation
- simple input of Treated Floor Area (TFA) and Heat Loss Area (HLA) with sub-calculations
- 6 built in scenarios including internal and external wall insulation
- a choice of energy price rises
- a built in Thermal Bridge Library of approx 70 thermal bridges
- build-costs based on Building Surveyor rates (which can be modified)
- choice of including or excluding VAT rates
- results shown in tables and graphs as Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
REALcosting automatically writes PHPPs for the energy calculations and uses the results. The REALcosting interface is simple and the large range of further refinements in PHPP are still available by modifying these PHPPs (they also allow you to check the PHPPs, which is strongly recommended). Any modifications you make to the PHPP’s are updated into the REALcosting results with one button.
Available from www.realcosting.co.uk at £160 including a half day of training via netmeeting.
Please email here to book or if you have any questions.