Featured : AECB Annual Conference and AGM
Norcroft Centre, University of Bradford 12th and 13th July 2013.
Book Now! This year’s conference looks like a winner with tours, great speakers, workshops, networking, live music, good food.
- a series of workshops on water use, conservation and the challenges of storm and flood water introduced by Cath Hassell
- Nick Grant will be talking about the AECB water standards.
- Lother Moll, one of Germany’s most knowledgeable experts will be looking at issues of condensation in the building structure
- David Gale from the southwest architect’s practice Gale and Snowden will talk about Building Biology as a holistic concept for understanding the way humans and buildings interact.
- There will also be reports back from post occupancy monitoring of TSB projects and the AECB Carbonlite retrofit project.
- Bradford University has been doing some exceptional work on its buildings, both new and existing and Russell Smith will be introducing this, tours of 2 new low energy building on campus and of the main library retrofit will be available, while delegates will get a chance to understand the university energy monitoring system which will be demonstrated and explained by a most enthusiastic and knowledgeable energy team.
The conference will start at 11.00 on Friday 12 July with registration from 10.00. It will finish at 17.00 on Saturday 13 July. You can download the Programme Overview here.
The Conference will take place at Norcroft Centre at the University of Bradford. This purpose built centre offers a stylish and environmentally-friendly venue for this year’s conference. It’s features include:
a sedum grass roof, heat exchangers, energy-efficient lighting and low-carbon boilers, natural ventilation and an enhanced, thermally-insulated shell.
Sustainability is high on the University agenda and they aim that events support the key principles of the Ecoversity Programme. You can find out more here.
How to get there
Bradford University is easily accessible by train and road. See this webpage for more detailed directions
The University is situated about 15 minutes walk (partly uphill) from Bradford Interchange and Foster Square stations.
The Norcroft Centre is number 5 on the University campus map and is situated between the accommodation block and the main atrium area of the University.
A free city bus operates from both Bradford Interchange and Forster Square Rail Station dropping at the University as part of its circular route. The buses run every ten minutes from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 5.30pm on Saturdays.
Single ensuite B&B accommodation is available onsite at The Green – the first student residential project in the country to achieve the BREEAM accolade of ‘outstanding’. This purpose built ‘village’ offers a high standard of student accommodation within apartments containing 6 bedrooms. Each ensuite room contains a small shower room, bed, desk and access to tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast is included and residential delegates will be issued with a voucher for breakfast in the refectory within the Atrium area of the university, a short walk from the accommodation block.
Accommodation at the University Campus is available at a cost of £43 + VAT per person per night. Onsite accommodation MUST be booked by 30 June 2013. Rooms will not be available after this date.
Alternative accommodation is available at Jury’s Inn, a short walk from the Conference Campus. A limited number of rooms have been reserved for delegates to the conference at a special rate of £52 sole occupancy and £58 double occupancy on a B&B basis. ( Jury’s Inn, 2 Thornton Road, Bradford, BD1 2DH Tel: 01274 848500 ). Delegates wishing to book these rooms should contact the Conference Office to obtain a voucher code to qualify for the conference rate. Rooms must be booked before 13 June 2013 to guarantee availability at this rate, After this date availability cannot be guaranteed and normal rates will apply.
Book conference delegate passes and accommodation
If you do not wish to book online, you may pay by cheque by writing to :
AECB Conference Booking, 15 High Street, Ascott-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton, Oxon OX7 6AW, 01993 831859 firstname.lastname@example.org