Featured : A Very Successful 2014 AECB Conference
This year’s AECB conference was held on 11th and 12th July 2014 at Wills Hall, University of Bristol and was a huge success. More information and photos will be added shortly.
Presentations are in the process of being uploaded here
PDF 101 KBPDF 7 MB
Technical workshops and presentations included;
- Jon Broome: How to do really good buildings in wood
- Bill Butcher & Mark Elton: Large and small retrofits using timber
- Alan Clarke: Heating low energy buildings.
- Tomas Gartner and David Gale: Building biology: a new UK Network?
- Cath Hassell: Briefing for designers – the floods.
- Jonathan Hines: Architype’s 30 years of radical timber construction.
- Aubrey Mayer of the Global Commons Institute: The latest UN climate change report and global justice
- Harry Paticas: Monitoring moisture in historic building – a retrofit to AECB Silver Standard.
- Bernard Plantrose: Planting trees to make more buildings.
- Kate de Selincourt: Does natural ventilation work?
- Andy Simmonds: Launch of the AECB Retrofit Carbonlite programme
- Kate Watson of Bristol Green Doors: Exemplar retrofits – what role can open homes events play?
- Mike Whitfield and Fran Bradshaw: 2 new and different timber frame buildings to Passivhaus.