Author Topic: AECB Silver Standard  (Read 1363 times)

Camco

• View Profile
AECB Silver Standard
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
Hi all,

We are working with a client that wants to develop an exemplar dwelling, but feels that Passiv Haus/Gold standard may be too onerous. They are interested in complying with the Carbonlite Silver standard though. Would you be able to respond to the following queries:
Is it possible to get a housing design certified to Carbonlite Silver standard, and if so, what is the process to make this happen.
What guidance can AECB offer for houses wishing to comply with the Silver standard, and how much would this approximately cost.
What information is required to ensure the design can meet with the criteria set out (i.e. does the house need to go through SAP or even PHPP modelling).

I would be most grateful for any more information regarding this process. Hopefully hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Neal Mehta.

Andy Simmonds

• AECBmember
  • Andy Simmonds
    • View Profile
    • www.simmondsmills.com
Re: AECB Silver Standard
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »
Neal,
sorry to miss this post, and be late with a reply! Could you email me about this directly?
As you know there is a small network of PH certifiers, but we have yet to get formal agreement from most of them to offer a certification service to AECB Silver. Silver is a good useful standard but has such a limited  market compared to CSH, and even PH that we are finding it hard to initiate a ready made system for certification. However: the certification process for Silver [performance standard only NOT the prescriptive standard] is exactly the same as for PH , and on an individual basis we could help organise for you  both consultancy advice as required and also certification (it could be the first!) - if the project hasn't got too far in design and spec. So on a one off, trial basis, leading to the first formal Silver certification it could be great - I look forward to hearing from you.

For clarity and as a reminder: yes, needs to be modelled in PHPP.
. Also standard currently requires MEV or MVHR as basis for ventilation solution. Aims for a 70% CO2 reduction compared to measured performance of existing building of its type (DTI statistics as baseline as per CLP docs). The space heat demand of 40kWh/m2.yr is the standard as applied to a 'typical' house - again as per notes in CLP docs.

see East Cambusmoon farm here http://www.retrofitforthefuture.org/projectbrowser.php?fes=AECB%20Silver as a good example.

naughty-teens