Author Topic: Logging on  (Read 15287 times)

Nick Grant

• View Profile
    • Elemental Solutions
Logging on
« on: November 26, 2004, 08:37:36 AM »
A few people have tried to do member-only things such as posting on the forum without logging in.

Tom has tried to make this as fool proof as possible with various screen prompts.

To speed up logging in you can enable autofil in your browser preferences (I use Safari on Mac). Then only need to type first letter of user name and 'GO'

Thought I'd share that as I only just enabled it.

mark elton

Re: Logging on
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
Nick, ECD Architects are AECB memebers under the category of small company but our log in is under an individual name ie mine. Is it possible to have multiple log-ins so that my collegue(s) can post under their own names?

J3BF

• AECBmember
    • View Profile
    • J3 Building Futures
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:37:10 AM »
Same here. There are only 2 of us, but our login is J3BF. Rather like R2D2 and C3PO, we are quite different. How many logins can a small company have?

Kate de S

• AECBmember
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »
Mark and J3BF - you are entitled to a number of separate logins, depending on your membership level. I will enquire as to what these are, and post here. Unfortunately, the multiple login facility is temporarily out of order -- sorry -- I am trying to get it fixed! Will post here as soon as it is working, too.

On a wider note, a number of people at conference said they were having trouble logging on at all.

If you can remember your username, but have forgotten your password, you can reset the password automatically - if you log in from forum rather than home page, you get straight to the 'forgot password' link. This should work instantly (it did when I tried it) and enable you to create a new one straight away.

If you can't remember your username, try your EMAIL. So long as you can remember which email you gave us (you can try a few!) that works equally well. I'll be putting a reminder to this effect on the login pages shortly. Then you can either log in , or go on to set a new password if you need to, then log in with that.

If you really can't remember who you are at all (as it were!), please email Emma (emma"@"aecb.net). If you can tell her your membership number that will help - but don't worry, most people won't know that. Tell her your name/company name and your postcode and she should be able to trace your account, and set the username of your choice.

Hope that helps - but please do post here (if you can) or email me at kate"@"aecb.net if you have further queries.

Kate

AECB web editor
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:16:05 PM by Kate de S »