AECB (Association for Environment Conscious Building) members have full access to this forum which holds a wealth of information on the topics listed. Other forum visitors may freely search and read the forum but may not post new topics or replies.

Become an AECB member today to be able to post on this forum as well as receiving a host of other benefits.

Click here to see who we are and what we can offer you.

Author Topic: Climate Data for Ghana  (Read 3479 times)

James Burton

• AECBmember
    • View Profile
Climate Data for Ghana
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:22:29 AM »
Hi All

I am currently designing a new dwelling on the shores of the Atlantic in Winneba Ghana.

It is not intended that this will be a certified Passivhaus, however, I am keen to model in PHPP to assess the sketch proposal before progressing.

In addition the client is keen for lots of glass and while I have incorporated 3m overhangs I want to assess the impact in PHPP.

My first stumbling block came when the PHPP software climate data doesn't have an entry for Ghana. Since then I haven't been successful in finding climate data, nor am I 100% certain of exactly what I am after for the software.

Any pointers in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

fostertom

• AECBmember
    • View Profile
Re: Climate Data for Ghana
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:37 PM »
Does Meteonorm cover Ghana? It generates climate files for any location, interpolating/extrapolating from a large array of weather stations. Christian from WUFI/Fraunhofer says these are good enough except for missing driving rain data, which is important in WUFI but prob not in PHPP (or in Ghana!)

James Burton

• AECBmember
    • View Profile
Re: Climate Data for Ghana
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
Thanks very much for the lead Tom - I will have a look and see what I can gather.