AECB News : Important Notice for all AECB Members
The AECB’s 2015 Conference and AGM is being held on 19th and 20th June 2015. The AGM business will be dealt with at 9.00am on 20th June 2015 and AECB members are invited to attend. The Agenda is set out below and is also posted on the AECB website with the Annual Report (including the report of the Chairman) and accounts for the period here.
For full details of this exciting and stimulating conference please click here. If you wish to attend you are encouraged to book as soon as possible as numbers are limited. This year, subject to available places, non members are welcome to attend. Please note that any AECB member can attend the AGM business session only free of charge.
If you have been or you represent a member company that has been an AECB member for more than 12 months, are you willing to serve as a Trustee of the Association and subsequently sit as a Trustee of the AECB Board? If you are interested please telephone the existing Chairman, Peter Wilkinson, on 01282 844487. He will be able to explain what is involved and the input the AECB needs. It would also be useful to visit the members’ area where minutes, reports, trustee and company information is posted. If you have any item you wish to include on the agenda for the meeting under ‘any other business’ please let Sally (email: email@example.com or tel: 0845 456 9773) have full details by the 29 May 2015. The agenda, annual report, accounts, minutes of the last AGM and other relevant information can be viewed at here.
Annual General Meeting of the Association for Environment Conscious Building (Ltd)(AECB)
Meeting at 9.00am on 20th June 2015
- To receive the minutes of the AGM held on 12th July 2014 (Note: these are available on-line at www.aecb.net)
- To receive the accounts for the financial year ending 30th September 2014. Please note that these are available on-line at www.aecb.net)
- To receive the Trustees’ annual report of the AECB’s activities to year ending 30th September 2014 (Note: this is available on-line at www.aecb.net)
- In accordance with article 12.5 of the Articles of Association (reproduced below for information), the following will retire from their current positions as Trustees: Paul Bourgeois, Nidhi Shah and Gary Wilburn
“12.5.1 The term of office for Trustees is 3 years;
12.5.2 Excepting Trustees appointed under 12.5.3 all Trustees must retire at the end of their term of office but may offer themselves for re-election. There is no limit to the number of terms of office a Trustee may serve.
12.5.3 The Trustees may co-opt up to three Trustees whose term of office is 3 years. The Trustees may co-opt a Trustee for 2 terms of office only.”
- To elect/re-elect a maximum of 3 trustees to the board (the board consists of a maximum of 12 trustees in total, each standing for a maximum term of office of 3 years). Nominations for Trustees must be sent to the Company Secretary: Peter Wilkinson at the companies registered office: 30 Linden Road, Earby, Barnoldswick, Lancashire, BB18 6XR, no later than 28 days before the AGM.
For information about each candidate please click here.
- To appoint Keith Bridgford and Co as auditors.
- In accordance with paragraph 5.2.1, clauses 4.16, 5.1 and 5.3 of the AECB’s articles relating to the maximum to be agreed annually by the AGM, that the limit of earnings that any trustee can claim for work carried out on behalf of the AECB should remain at £5,000.00 in any financial year.
- To discuss and determine any issues of policy or deal with any other business.
The AECB is a company limited by guarantee. Company No 5336768
Company Secretary: Peter Wilkinson. Registered Office: 30 Linden Road, Earby, Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 6XR