Join AECB : Membership Benefits
AECB, the Sustainable Building Association, is a network of individuals and companies with a common aim of promoting sustainable building. It brings together builders, architects, designers, manufacturers, housing associations and local authorities, to develop, share and promote best practice in environmentally sustainable building.
Why join AECB?
We rely on membership subscriptions to fund the core work of the AECB and so the Association really does value your help. Our financial independence means that we can be an entirely independent voice when lobbying Government and trying to influence the agenda for sustainable construction in the UK.
Your membership subscriptions help us to continue our essential work and we offer an attractive range of benefits in return.
Membership Categories -Annual fees
A: Full time student – £30.00
B: Supporting Individual (No company membership or website listing) - £42.00
C: Sole trader – £60.00
D: Small company,Turnover< £100k – £120
E: Medium company,Turnover< £2m – £180.00
F: Large company,Turnover>£2m – £300.00
G: Educational Institutions − £306.00
All prices inclusive of VAT .
Students and Supporting Individuals will not have a listing on our Member Services Directory as they are not offering a service.
Please note if you are an overseas subscriber, VAT may not be applicable but we do not make any deductions as this helps contribute towards the additional postage costs of posting out the Green Building magazine.
- The opportunity to network with some of the UK’s leading ecobuilding practitioners.
- Full access to the AECB’s thriving online Forum and the opportunity to be part of driving best practice forward, or simply asking those difficult questions on our Technical Forums!
- Our Local Group meetings provide the opportunity to meet and network with other AECB Members in your area.
- Discounted membership of the Passivhaus Trust - an AECB subsidiary company.
- Quarterly editions of Green Building magazine, packed full of ecobuilding news and articles.
- Attendance at our Annual Conference (only open to AECB members and delegate fee applies), regarded as one of the cutting-edge sustainable building events in the UK.
- Access to ‘members only’ download of technical papers
- Opportunities to contribute to AECB lobbying and position papers
- Listing of your product or service on our searchable online Member services directory – with 30,000 unique visitors per year to these pages.Supporters and students will not have a profile on the web site as they are not offering a service
- Use of the AECB logo on your business letterhead and website
- Significant discounts on CarbonLite training courses
- The opportunity to share your successes on our Member News area and in our Network Newsletter.
- The opportunity to add your project to the Low Energy Buildings Database
- Access to occasional events and special offers available only to AECB members
- A wide range of discounts on products and services from other AECB members
Discounts Available To AECB Members
We are extremely grateful to these businesses for their generous offers on goods and services. If any other companies would like to offer member discounts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following discounts are available to AECB members (Please quote your membership number when ordering).
- Cheaper telephone calls, Internet service and free local rate number at Phone Co-op as well as a percentage paid to AECB – tel Chris 0845 456 9773 or email email@example.com
- 10% off OSMO UK range of natural finishes 01296 481220
- The Green Building Store offer an additional 2.5% discount over and above other trade or quantity discount normally offered (this applies to Ecoplus windows, Ecocontract, Ecopassiv, Alu2wood, Alphawin, Enersign, MVHR systems, sanitaryware, Pro Clima tapes and membranes and insulation materials) contact the Green Building Store 01484 854898
- 5% off solar thermal systems from LlaniSolar (National coverage) 0845 456 1290
- 5% off lime products (lime mortars, putty, plasters, cob blocks, cob bricks etc) from Mike Wye Associates 01409 281644
- 5% off paint products purchased from the Green Shop 01452 770629
- Preferential deals for rainwater harvesting systems from Rainharvesting Systems Ltd 01452 772000
- Discounts from Stroma are available upon request (for members) – please contact Stroma on 0845 621 11 11 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 40% off Homatherm flexCL insulation available 50mm, 100mm and 160mm batts from Construction Resources 020 7450 2211.
- 5% off Schuco solar energy (water and PV), Wind (400W and 6 kW) and Heat pumps (ground source and air source available). Parts only, or fully installed. Revolution Power 01325 320910
- 5% discount exclusively to all AECB members on all products for orders over £500 until 31/12/2010. Phone in your order on 0844 561 7949 and request the discount at the point of sale. Further details/prices are available at www.TheGreenBuildingSite.co.uk
- 10% discount on GreenSteps Ultra High Performance Windows and Doors. Contact email@example.com for further information.
- 10% discount on all Good Homes Alliance events – contact 020 7704 3503 or visit goodhomes.org.uk. Please include “AECB Member Booking” in header of your email if booking an event.
- AECB members get a discount on membership of Passivhaus Trust, see website for details: http://www.passivhaustrust.org.uk/membership.php
- Good Homes Alliance are able to offer AECB members 10% discount on all their events. Visit http://www.goodhomes.org.uk/what-we-do/events for further information or telephone 020 7704 3503.
Join AECB now
To find out more about the benefits of AECB membership or discuss ways in which your organisation can work with AECB, please email Emma or phone 0845 456 9773
The AECB is intended to be a network of individuals and companies with a common aim of promoting sustainable building. The AECB is not an accrediting body and membership does not imply any level of either trade, professional or environmental competence.