Join AECB : Membership Benefits
AECB, the association for environment conscious building, is a network of individuals, companies, students and educational establishments with a common aim of promoting sustainable building. It brings together builders, architects, designers, manufacturers, housing associations and local authorities, to develop, share and promote best practice in environmentally sustainable building.
Why join AECB?
- A full subscription to Passive House Plus Magazine (published 5 times a year) including an online package of additional content and resources which include exclusive image galleries of plans and construction details of most buildings featured.
- Members only AECB Carbonlite guidance documents, detailing low energy design and best practice.
- Use of AECB logo on your stationery and promotional media.
- Membership Certificate to display in your business premises.
- Discounted Annual Conference fee
- Discounted Membership of Passivhaus Trust.
- Posting and reading rights on AECB Members only discussion forum.
- Promotion of members products and services via the searchable Member Services Directory.
- Full Members can create an enhanced profile listing in the Members Services Directory.
- Discounted Carbonlite training courses, Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP) and Design PH – www.carbonlite.net
- Discounted cost for Silver Standard project certification.
- Local Group meetings offer an opportunity to network with other AECB members attend workshops, CPD presentations and site visits.
- Members only opportunity to write AECB Soapbox articles and to feature successes/news in our Member News area and Network Newsletter.
- Discounted prices for the Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP) and Design PH
- Access to forthcoming CarbonLite retrofit programme (CLR)
- Free access to CLR knowledge base
- Discounted retrofit online training course & retrofit project certification
- Omnisense remote monitoring system – significantly preferential terms offered to members for projects benefitting from environmental condition monitoring. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- Multiple log-ins can be created for Company and Educational memberships – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discounts on various products and services – see list below.
Discounts Available To AECB Members
We are extremely grateful to these businesses for their generous offers on goods and services. If any other companies would like to offer member discounts, please email email@example.com
- Cheaper telephone calls, Internet service and free local rate number at Phone Co-op as well as a percentage paid to AECB – tel Chris 0845 456 9773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10% off OSMO UK range of natural finishes 01296 481220
- The Green Building Store offer an additional 2.5% discount over and above other trade or quantity discount normally offered (this applies to Ecoplus windows, Ecocontract, Ecopassiv, Alu2wood, Alphawin, Enersign, MVHR systems, sanitaryware, Pro Clima tapes and membranes and insulation materials) contact the Green Building Store 01484 854898
- 5% off solar thermal systems from LlaniSolar (National coverage) 0845 456 1290
- 5% off lime products (lime mortars, putty, plasters, cob blocks, cob bricks etc) from Mike Wye Associates 01409 281644
- 5% off paint products purchased from the Green Shop 01452 770629
- Preferential deals for rainwater harvesting systems from Rainharvesting Systems Ltd 01452 772000
- Discounts from Stroma are available upon request (for members) – please contact Stroma on 0845 621 11 11 or email email@example.com.
- 40% off Homatherm flexCL insulation available 50mm, 100mm and 160mm batts from Construction Resources 020 7450 2211.
- 5% off Schuco solar energy (water and PV), Wind (400W and 6 kW) and Heat pumps (ground source and air source available). Parts only, or fully installed. Revolution Power 01325 320910
- 10% discount on GreenSteps Ultra High Performance Windows and Doors. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- 10% discount on all Good Homes Alliance events – contact 020 7704 3503 or visit goodhomes.org.uk. Please include “AECB Member Booking” in header of your email if booking an event.
- AECB members get a discount on membership of Passivhaus Trust, see website for details: http://www.passivhaustrust.org.uk/membership.php
- Good Homes Alliance are able to offer AECB members 10% discount on all their events. Visit http://www.goodhomes.org.uk/what-we-do/events for further information or telephone 020 7704 3503.
- Ecotoilets are offering a 10% discount to AECB members on any of their range of toilets – contact Richard Saillet on 01327 844442 for more information or visit www.eco-toilets.co.uk
- £10 credit on first bill with The Co-operative Phone and Broadband – quote unique code AF0130 when switching.
- A free 30 minute consultation with expert lawyers from Harrison Clark Rickerbys’ Construction and Engineering Team – email@example.com
- Discounts on CORE (Centre of Refurbishment Excellence) courses – email firstname.lastname@example.org
We rely on membership subscriptions to fund the core work of the AECB and so the Association really does value your help. Our financial independence means that we can be an entirely independent voice when lobbying Government and trying to influence the agenda for sustainable construction in the UK.
Your membership subscriptions help us to continue our essential work and we offer an attractive range of benefits in return.
Membership Categories -Annual fees
|A: Full time student – £36.00|
|B: Supporting Individual – £54.00|
|C: Sole trader – £75.00|
|D: Small company,Turnover< £250k – £150|
|E: Medium company,Turnover< £1m – £285.00|
|F: Larger company,Turnover>£1m – £450.00|
|G: Educational Institutions − £390.00|
|H: Largest companies >£10m Turnover- £900.00|
All prices inclusive of VAT .
Students and Supporting Individuals will not have a listing on our Member Services Directory as they are not offering a service.
Please note if you are an overseas subscriber, VAT may not be applicable but we do not make any deductions as this helps contribute towards postage costs.
To find out more about the benefits of AECB membership or discuss ways in which your organisation can work with AECB, please email Emma or phone 0845 456 9773
The AECB is intended to be a network of individuals and companies with a common aim of promoting sustainable building. The AECB is not an accrediting body and membership does not imply any level of either trade, professional or environmental competence.