AECB Website Terms and Conditions
You should carefully read the following Terms and Conditions. Your use of our service(s) implies that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions. The Website (all AECB websites may hereafter be referred to, both individually and collectively, as “The Website”) from which you accessed this agreement is provided to you subject to the conditions listed below.
To use this website you must accept these Terms and Conditions (“the Terms”). If you do not wish to be bound by them you should exit the website immediately.
AECB may change the terms without specific notice to you. The latest terms will be posted on the website and should always be reviewed by you prior to use of the site.
This website and its content is copyright © AECB 2013 .
Permission is granted to copy electronically and print in hard copy any material appearing on the publicly accessible areas of the website on condition that the material is used only for purely personal or educational activities which do not have a commercial purpose. Permission is granted to AECB Members to copy electronically and print in hard copy any material from any area of the website, excluding the membership search and database, for purely personal or education purposes or for the purpose of promoting or developing their own business or professional practice. No material copied or printed may be sold or exchanged for direct profit in any way.
The use of data from the membership search and database for commercial purposes of any sort is not permitted. The downloading or use of the AECB logo is not permitted, except for AECB Members who wish to download the logo from the Members Only publications page, subject to the conditions therein.
You do not claim intellectual property right or exclusive ownership to any of our products or services, whether modified or unmodified. All products and services are the property of AECB. Our products and services are provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall our organization (or any business or individual associated with AECB) be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential, or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use our products or services.
The AECB does not guarantee accuracy or take any responsibility for the information contained on this website. The information on this site is not necessarily the opinion of the AECB. The AECB does not take any liability for information contained on third party websites, accessed by hyperlink through the website. Visitors to the website do so at their own risk. The AECB does not take any liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer which may occur whilst using material downloaded from the website.
The AECB is a membership organisation and all members pay an appropriate membership fee to join the organisation, which can be renewed annually following receipt of a renewal invitation. The level of fee paid depends on the level of membership required (refer here for full details). The initial fee covers membership for a year from receipt of payment. The benefits of membership are clearly set out on the website.
We regret we are unable to offer refunds if membership is cancelled, for whatever reason, before the renewal date unless we receive notice of cancellation within 14 days of taking out membership. If, within 14 days of receipt of the subscription monies, you decide membership is not for you, we will refund your fee paid less a £5 admin charge to cover materials sent to you.
The AECB is a non-profit making limited company and the liability of members is limited to £1.
The AECB forums are a public system and as such AECB takes no responsibility for the views expressed in messages posted to any discussion. Any views expressed are those of individuals, and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of AECB. AECB does not verify, confirm or accept any responsibility for any of the information, advice or material provided on and of the AECB’s forums. If you use any of the information, advice or material posted on these forums, you do so solely at your own risk. AECB accepts no obligation to monitor the use of the forums but reserves the right to remove without notice any material posted to any discussion which AECB deems to be offensive or in any way wholly inappropriate to the nature of the discussion.
In your use of the forum, you agree not to:
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content;
- Post any content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any party;
- Use the forum for any commercial purpose, or to advertise goods and services, or operate surveys, contests or chain letters..
Course providers and product suppliers may give basic contact details in response to a request for information about specific courses and/ or products.
The discussion forums should not be used to make complaints against individuals and organisations.
If an inappropriate message is posted, it will be deleted and the moderator will send you a private email to inform you that your message is inappropriate for the discussion forums and to ask you not to send such messages in future. If you send another such message, your email address will be removed from the subscribers’ list. If you are unsure whether or not a message is appropriate, send it to the appropriate discussion forum moderator. Appropriate messages posted on an inappropriate forum may be forwarded to the relevant discussion forum without the subscriber being notified.
This agreement is governed and construed in accordance with and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Law and English Courts. Nothing in these terms is intended to limit your rights under applicable law or statutory provision.
Terms and Conditions (including refund policy) for AECB/WARM CLP/Passivhaus Courses
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties in relation to the AECB Carbonlite Passivhaus training.
- There is no binding agreement in place until payment has been received in full, or payment terms agreed. Courses booked online are paid for in full at the time of booking. For courses booked by phone or email, an invoice will be issued at the time of booking and payment must be received at least one calendar month prior to the course or immediately. We reserve the right to refuse admission in the event of failure to adhere to these conditions. We will exercise our statutory right to instigate debt recovery proceedings if we are not paid according to the above terms.
- Cancellations: Substitutions can be made at any time but please notify WARM ( email@example.com ) or Sally Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any change in name. If you find it necessary to cancel your booking please notify us immediately in writing. Provided written notice is received the following cancellation terms will apply:
- Cancellations prior to one month before the date of the course: full refund less 10% administration fee.
- Delegates can change courses up to one calendar month before the date of the original course although the AECB reserves the right to charge up to an additional 10% administration fee.
- AECB reserves the right to provide no refunds for any cancellations received within 1 calendar month of the first day of the course. It is at the discretion of the AECB to allow delegates to change courses when requested within 1 calendar month of the first day of the course.
- The AECB reserve the right to reschedule any course where numbers enrolled are too few to make the course viable up to one month before the start of the course. If we have to do this, then an alternative date and/or venue will be offered or a full refund will be made.
- Travel and accommodation are not included in the price of any course. In the event of a course being cancelled or rescheduled, the AECB will not accept any responsibility for travel or accommodation costs incurred.
- Course literature and presentation material is copyrighted, and may not be reproduced without permission.
- Any personal information supplied to us will only be used for the purpose of communication of course or exam information. The data will not be released to any third party for any other purpose except, with the participants approval, the Passivhaus Designer website for those passing the Passivhaus Designer exam.
- The contract shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with English Law and the parties will submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The AECB shall not be liable to the delegates or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the training programme, if the delay or failure was due to any fire, explosion, electrical failure or other loss of facilities beyond the AECB’s control.
- The AECB shall not be liable to the delegates by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, for any loss or profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of the AECB, their servants or agents
Terms and Conditions (including refund policy) for AECB Conferences and Events
Substitutions can be made at any time, at no additional cost, but please advise the conference secretariat (email Karen Purvis: email@example.com) of any change in name. If you find it necessary to cancel your booking and are unable to find a substitute please notify the conference secretariat immediately in writing. Provided written notice is received the following cancellation terms will apply:
- Cancellations received 60 days prior to event: full refund less 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations received 40 days prior to event: 50% refund.
- Cancellations received 20 days prior to the event: full fee is payable.
Terms and Conditions (including refund policy) for software and publications
If the software and manual does not meet your expectations and is returned in its original wrapper in good condition, we will refund your payment less a 20% handling charge. This does not affect your statutory rights.
AECB the sustainable building association
PO Box 32, Llandysul, SA44 5ZA
Tel: 0845 4569773