AECB News : Tiffany Lewins to speak to the North American Passive House Network Conference
Have you got a PassivHaus certified building which could be included in her study?
In October 2018, the North American Passive House Network will convene in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for the NAPHN 2018 Conference. One of our members, Tiffany Lewins of Kingfisher Ecology, has been invited to speak at this year’s conference.
Tiffany is Sustainability & Wellness Consultant and is a licenced BREEAM Assessor, LEED AP and WELL AP with a high level of interest in PassivHaus. Tiffany proposes to conduct a study on how PassivHaus can increase a building’s performance in the BREEAM, LEED and WELL Building rating systems. She will also explore the performance gap in PassivHaus buildings as opposed to buildings certified in the other sustainable building methodologies without PassivHaus certification. She will then create a 30-minute presentation based on her findings to be introduced at the NAPHN 2018 Conference. A written version of the session will be distributed to NAPHN 2018 attendees and partners, as well as to the AECB and its members.
If you would be interested in showcasing your PassivHaus build, Tiffany is still looking for a few projects to include within her study. The requirements for participation are:
- PassivHaus certified home or building
- At least 4 months of energy data post-occupation (preferably 12 months)
- Must have been a new build as opposed to a retrofit
- Have access to design and construction information for completion of sustainability standard assessments (see below)
The benefits of participation include:
- Receive a complimentary BREEAM Pre-assessment, LEED Pre-assessment and WELL Building Pre-assessment for the building
- Project featured in a 30-minute session at NAPHN 2018
- Project featured in a written version of session for distribution in the USA and UK
All projects can be identified or remain anonymous as per your preference.
You can contact Tiffany here.
The deadline for submitting a building for consideration is 10 August 2018. The study will be completed by 10 September 2018 in time for the conference in October.