The Edge, University of Sheffield.
Usable Buildings and Neighbourhoods
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE
Early Booking Deadline: 22 May 2015
The preliminary programme for this year’s conference is now available for download on the website here. The conference starts at 11.00 on Friday 19 June with registration from 10.00 and will finish at 17.00 on Saturday 20 June with the AGM taking place at 09.00 on the Saturday morning.
Online registration and accommodation booking is open on the website and please note that reduced delegate rates apply for early booking before 22 May 2015 only.
The conference will see the launch of the AECB’s CarbonLite Retrofit Programme, developed over the last 2 years. This will be your chance to see the results of the research undertaken and how we plan to use that research to inform the sector. In addition, the following speakers will give workshops and presentations over the two days:
- Prof Irena Bauman – Adaptation for climate change – Case study retrofit/ POE/ Usability at a community/neighbourhood level
- Alan Clarke – MVHR & ventilation monitoring
- Henry Coates – Insurance issues for non-conventional buildings
- Nicola Dempsey – Place-keeping at a community level
- Nigel Dunnett – Water, wildlife & well-being: retro-fit green infrastructure on and around buildings
- Nick Grant – Value engineering, What’s not to love
- Marianne Heaslip and Jonathan Atkinson – Manchester Community Green Deal Project
- Mischa Hewitt – Community based retrofit in Brighton (Workshop to be confirmed)
- Paul Jennings and Helen Brown – Wilmcote House EnerPhit
- Dr Ranald Lawrence – The environmental performance of historical buildings and an excellent critique of POE tools which focus only on buildings as a whole and the individual spaces within buildings
- Tim Martel – Omnisense moisture monitoring
- Mark Siddall – People are the best measuring instruments
- Andy Simmonds and Peter Warm: AECB CarbonLite Retrofit Programme
- Professor Fionn Stevenson – Usability in housing and the need for collective rather than individual learning tools
- Plus don’t miss your chance to take the Paul Jennings Airtightness Challenge.
If you know of any non-members who may be interested please let them know that we now have a non-member rate and we offer day passes. All the details are on the website. Accommodation on campus is limited so please book now to ensure a room onsite.