Easy to use software to help with PHPP calculations
Users of the PHPP energy software will know it is a leader in accurate calculations for Passivhauses and low energy buildings including retrofits. AECB PHribbon makes using PHPP quicker, easier and it uses the existing information beyond just energy. It’s written by Tim Martel, an AECB expert who is also a course tutor for the Carbonlite Retrofit course.
AECB PHribbon makes the same changes to your PHPP that you could have made by hand. It works from an extra ribbon tab in Excel, just like ‘Insert’ or ‘Page Layout’ and uses macros (macros are already part of all PHPP v9 products). It includes a manual, support and training through videos.
Helps with the trickier parts of data entry for any PHPP, e.g. windows and lambda values
Is increasingly important, PHribbon makes this relatively quick to calculate for retrofits using the material quantities in PHPP.
Since windows are modelled in PHPP, over half the information is already there for daylight factor, which ensures windows are large enough without over-provision
Also for retrofits, early indication of the cost of the design is critical in ensuring the project is affordable, this can be done in the retrofit costing module.
AECB-PHRibbon uses Microsoft Excel as a base
What Does It Do
Watch this introduction to the AECB-PHRibbon software to see how it can assist with your calculations.
How Do I Use It
PHribbon Version 2 Now Available
- All tools compatible with earlier versions of PHPP: 9.3, 9.1 and 8.5
- Orientation draws the outline of the walls to check your wall entries
- Simplifications to Climate, U-value and Lambda buttons
- Window tool now allows you to enter a line of any number of windows, and also now the quantity
- Embodied CO2 tool now gives transport as a separate figure on the graph
- Retrofit Costing links to rates of master PHribbon list, allowing you to update results automatically if you change the rates in the master list