Easy to use software to help with PHPP calculations
Users of the PHPP energy software will know it is a leader in accurate calculations for Passivhauses and low energy buildings including retrofits. AECB PHribbon makes using PHPP quicker, easier and it uses the existing information beyond just energy. It’s written by Tim Martel, an AECB expert who is also a course tutor for the Carbonlite Retrofit course.
AECB PHribbon makes the same changes to your PHPP that you could have made by hand. It works from an extra ribbon tab in Excel, just like ‘Insert’ or ‘Page Layout’ and uses macros (macros are already part of all PHPP v9 products). It includes a manual, support and training through videos.
Helps with the trickier parts of data entry for any PHPP, e.g. windows and lambda values
Is increasingly important, PHribbon makes this relatively quick to calculate for retrofits using the material quantities in PHPP.
Since windows are modelled in PHPP, over half the information is already there for daylight factor, which ensures windows are large enough without over-provision
Also for retrofits, early indication of the cost of the design is critical in ensuring the project is affordable, this can be done in the retrofit costing module.
AECB-PHRibbon uses Microsoft Excel as a base
What Does It Do
Watch this introduction to the AECB-PHRibbon software to see how it can assist with your calculations.
PHribbon Version 3 Now Available
- window tool has separate simple tool for just calculating the d-reveal
- window tool built to allow you to allow multiple quantities of some panes within the same window (and still give the correct d-reveal)
- Embodied and Operational CO2 now combined into a single graph over 60 year life (with option to look at longer lifespans)
- RIBA 2030 Embodied CO2 report being added
- PAS 2035 Improvement Option Evaluation soon to be added