We need a paradigm shift in how we characterise a good performing building, focusing on the need to put human health at the heart of metrics rather than as an after-thought? Measure people, not the building!
The ASBP Healthy Buildings Conference returns for a 5th year, taking place online on 24th February (10:00-12:45) with a number of inspirational speakers including:
- Professor Catherine Noakes OBE, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings at the University of Leeds and Chair of SAGE’s Environment and Modelling Group (EMG) sub-group, which has provided key advice to the government throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Geraint Davies, Labour MP for Swansea West and Chair of the APPG on Air Pollution. In 2017, Geraint introduced the Clean Air Bill, which seeks to address both indoor and outdoor air pollution; and the Plastics Bill that calls for government to set ambitious targets for plastic reduction.
- Rosamund Kissi-Debrah, Co-Founder of the Ella Roberta Family Foundation. The foundation was set up in Ella’s memory as a way of remembering her life, her passions and learning lessons from her sudden death due to very severe and rare asthma. The foundation supports families with Asthma, and works to find the cause, cure and prevention of severe asthma in children.
Programme and speakers
Session 1: Wednesday 24th February, 10:00-11:15
- Catherine Noakes OBE, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds
- Jeffery Smith, Air Quality Consultant, World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Ben Channon, Director, Ekkist Advisory and WELL Mind Advisory
Session 2: Wednesday 24th February, 11:30-12:45
- Geraint Davies MP, Labour MP for Swansea West and Chair of the APPG on Air Pollution
- Rosamund Kissi-Debrah, Co-Founder, Ella Roberta Family Foundation
- Jack Harvie-Clark, Managing Director, Apex Acoustics
See the programme and further information at asbp.org.uk/healthybuildings2021.
Attendees can also attend two exciting finale events for FREE!
ASBP Innovation Pitch Series final: Wednesday 24th February, 15:00-16:30
Launched in June 2020 in collaboration with the ASBP Plastics in Construction Group, the pitch series seeks to identify innovative alternatives to conventional plastic building materials and packaging. Hear from up to 8 innovators who were successful at the five events, find out the judges’ winner and cast your vote for the audience prize! Find out more at asbp.org.uk/innovation-pitch-series.
ASBP Awards 2021 final: Thursday 25th February, 15:00-16:30
Every year, the ASBP Awards aim to showcase exceptional commitment to delivering sustainability communicated through building projects. For the 2021 Awards we are taking a different approach, shining a light on transformative ideas and the people behind them. Hear from the finalists of the ASBP Awards 2021, who will present their ideas for the chance to impress the audience and claim the Peoples’ Prize.
ASBP member – £25.00
Member of partner organisation* – £37.50
General admittance – £50.00
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, CIBSE, Fit for the Future, Good Homes Alliance, Passivhaus Trust, SEDA, STBA, The Green Register, TRADA, Woodknowledge WalesGo to the event website