Established in 1999, GB-Sol grew out of 30 years’ experience of Energy, Environmental and Testing Services (established in 1980 in association with Cardiff University) and is now a privately owned independent UK company operating out of its Treforest Industrial Estate factory near Cardiff.
GB Sol specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering and architectural Solar PV panels and mounting systems including the award winning R.I.S (Roof Integrated System) and the innovative PV Slate. All of our panels are manufactured in our UK ISO9001 certified factory ensuring that they are of the highest standard in order to guarantee you get the best possible quality, performance and value for money.
Our products and services include:
• PV Slate designed to provide a unique solar renewable energy solution for the renovation of traditional buildings in conservation areas, AONB’s or for discerning new build clients who wish to benefit from Solar generation without affecting the aesthetic of their buildings and homes.
• Highly engineered marine solar panels for Trinity House
• Roof Integrated System (RIS) won the Solar Power Portal Award at the Solar Energy UK event 2013.
• Specialist design service for bespoke panels and/or mounting systems for building facades, shading systems, battery storage , EV charging, carports and canopies.
• Installation and roofing service We work in partnership with GB-Sol trained MCS accredited installation partners and roofing specialists covering the UK and all types of projects.
We are glad to spend time on projects that are challenging and worthwhile. At GB-Sol we minimise our carbon footprint, keep our suppliers as local as possible, use recycled aluminium and minimise our packaging. Our products involve less shipping than most suppliers, our factory runs on renewable power and GB-Sol was rated the top solar supplier in a recent Ethical Consumer magazine review.