- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Heat Pumps – the low carbon option for residential heating systems?
February 25 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Repeated due to popular demand!
Consumer demand for low carbon energy systems has significantly increased over the past few years due to awareness of the climate emergency and the carbon emissions fossil fuels generate. In the past, heat pumps (air source, ground source and water source) have not been considered low carbon options as they rely on electricity, the majority having being – until recently – generated from fossil fuels.
In this two-hour training session Simon Roberts, Head of Research & Development at Evergreen Energy, will take delegates through the basics of how a heat pump works including:
– The working principles of a heat pump
– The various markets & applications
– How heat pumps compare to traditional heating systems
– The types of heat collectors
– The types of heat distribution systems
– Heat pump legislations & regulations
– Case studies demonstrating good practice installations of heat pumps
– How government funding such as the Green Homes Grant is making heat pumps more affordable
There will be regular Q&A breaks to allow participants to ask Simon any questions they may have.
- February 25
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm