- This event has passed.
Nottingham Local Group to visit West Bridgford ‘Eco Houses under Construction Exhibition’ on 21st January 2012
January 21, 2012 @ 12:00 am - 11:00 pm
The organisers of Transition West Bridgford’s “Eco Houses under Construction” project are holding an exhibition of all the houses featured in the series to date. These include new build and refurbishment projects.
It is an opportunity to see the displays, go to the presentations, meet the home owners and put your questions to the architects, builders and experts in insulation and renewable technologies who worked on these projects. For articles about these houses and more, have a look at the website http://www.wbecohouses.co.uk/.
Time and Date: Saturday 21st January 2012, 10am – 1pm
(with visits to some on-going projects in the afternoon)
Venue: St Paul’s Church Hall, Boundary Road, West Bridgford NG2 7DB
Light lunches and drinks will be provided by Taste Café.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your free place.
The houses featured in this exhibition include:
– Timber frame new build (to Code for Sustainable Homes level 5) – a very low energy home constructed with many sustainable materials.
– A traditional West Bridgford solid wall house, upgraded in stages to minimise disruption to the occupants.
– The Coach House in a conservation area, internally insulated using Passivhaus methodology – and so low energy it only needs a single stove for heating in cold weather.
– A ‘Zero Carbon’ Barn Conversion – a super-insulated home that now produces as much energy as it uses each year due to renewable technologies.
– A 1950’s solid wall house, currently undergoing a radical refurbishment using Passivhaus methodology.
– The Green Street new build development, a Blueprint Regeneration project
A message from Gil Schalom, Leader of the Nottingham Group . . . . . .
“I’m delighted to let you know about this showcase event in January. It is organised by Tina Holt, AECB member and organiser of the West Bridgford Ecohouses Under Construction series of events. This showcase will feature many of the projects which have been visited during the series and will be a unique opportunity to observe and discuss the features and processes that brought them to fruition. It will also be a great opportunity for a post Christmas meet up as well as some site visits for those interested. I urge you to try to attend as it is a rare opportunity to encounter such a diverse selection of local case studies, owners, designers, suppliers and enthusiasts.”