- This event has passed.
The AECB Three Counties Group – Visit to Ultra Low Energy House in Worcestershire
June 23, 2016 @ 6:30 pm
The AECB Three Counties Group Invite you to Visit the Cropthorne Autonomous House in Worcestershire
This is another chance to visit the Cropthorne Autonomous ultra low energy house as it approaches its fifth birthday. See how its actual performance compares with design predictions.
- No space heating of any kind – No boiler, no wood stove, no heat pumps
- Super-insulated, triple-glazed, thermally massive
- Exceeds Passivhaus standard by a factor of three (heat demand 5kWh/m²/yr)
- Completely ‘water-neutral’ by use of harvested rainwater and composting toilets
- Uses neither mains water or drainage, nor the energy required to deliver them
- Intelligent use of renewable energy makes the house carbon negative
- Obtains its servicing almost entirely from the land on which it stands, giving it a tiny environmental footprint
Donation [suggested £3.00] to the Group’s funds
Drinks and nibbles provided
Parking: If the first arrivals could park neatly on the driveway it would keep cars off the road – at least 6 cars can fit on the drive if they’re reasonably well organised.
Travel: If you would like to coordinate transport or can offer a lift, please let me know.