Go to Forum Home Materials and products Alternative to Paneline board

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Catherine Cosgrove
      Participant

I don't know if it's public news that all recent Paneline boards produced in their Polish factory have been recalled due to a manufacturing problem. I have a project on site that uses Paneline and we have only been able to obtain half the amount that we need. We can't use OSB or similar as the walls are a breathing wall construction. Does anyone know of an alternative board that might be suitable?

Mark Siddall
        Participant

Hi Catherine,
          Isn't Paneline the board that's used internally? I think that you can use OSB (internal) in conjunction with Sarket to form breathing wall construction (achieves the 4:1 ratio.) ….though I guess that you are stuck with the Panelvent?

Mark

Catherine Cosgrove
          Participant

Thanks Mark. We've been able to eke out the last few pallets of Paneline on site and are now using OSB on both new staircases where we've got much more natural ventilation to deal with potential condensation problems. We've heard from two other contractors that there are no stocks of Paneline or Panelvent left in the country, so this is going to affect quite a lot of other projects on site.

Nick Grant
            Participant

Just heard of same problem for a roof that was to use panelvent with membrane over. Manufacturer not keen to use Sarket in case someone falls through it, curious what others using on outside, especially roofs.

Nick

Anonymous

I'm planning to use 22mm T&G Gutex Multiplex Top or Pavatex Isolair woodfibre sarking board (0.55 MNs/g) with breather membrane, counter battens & ventilation to batten cavity at eaves & ridge.

David

Nigel Murray
                Participant

Just heard of same problem for a roof that was to use panelvent with membrane over. Manufacturer not keen to use Sarket in case someone falls through it, curious what others using on outside, especially roofs.

Nick

I have used Steico Universal 24mm T&G on roof (and walls) and never dented it walking along the rafter lines. Better contribution to insulation values than Panelvent.

Nigel

Mark Siddall
                  Participant

Anyone tried Gutex Multiplex Top? http://es.gutex.de/en/pdf/Datasheet_Multiplex_engl.pdf

Mark

Anonymous

Excel Industries supply Timbervent a 12mm board which has improved breathability
                      and racking strength compared to the original 9.2mm Panelvent and
                      Eurostrand a 6mm board with higher vapour resistivity then the original
                      6.4mm Paneline

http://www.excelfibre.com

Tom Foster
                      Participant

Why is Excel's published info and tech backup so hopeless, when they're such a key player in eco-building?

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.