Go to Forum Home Local Groups Birmingham group

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      AECB admin
      Participant

Chat to members of the Birmingham group here.

Carol Keith
        Participant

Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to say hello and introduce myself. I’ve been a member of AECB and the Passivhaus Trust for a few months now and I’m keen to network with like-minded people. I run my own small consultancy firm in Aldridge and offer SAP/SBEM, planning reports and air tightness testing services. I am also working on the last stages of my portfolios for PSI value modelling and Dynamic Simulation Modelling.

I’d be keen to attend any planned meeting in the future and happy to chat on here or on the phone with nay members.

Is the Birmingham group active or do we struggle to find people in this area with the same level of interest in low carbon building?

Stephen Price
          Participant

Hi Carol, all,

if there’s any interest in organising meetings or other activities for this local group, I’d be keen to be involved. I’m currently doing an enerphit retrofit of my own home in Stourbridge and interested in other ways to contribute to low energy retrofit efforts (in particular) in the area.

Cheers, Stephen

Michael WEBB
            Participant

Dear all,
              We’re in Selly Park conservation area and are trying to do our own deep retrofit. We would be keen to link up/meet with other people in the area trying to do similar.
              With good wishes
              Michael and Jill

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Michael WEBB.
              Stephen Price
              Participant

Dear Michael and Jill,

great, would love to organise a chat to talk retrofit! Have you already started work or still planning? Will see if I can PM you.

Cheers,

Stephen

Fiona McConnell
                Participant

Hello All,

Good to see people talking retrofit – I’ve not long joined the AECB with a comprehensive zero carbon update for a victorian terrace house in Harborne in mind. Keen to connect with anyone with similar interests…

Fiona

Stephen Price
                  Participant

Hi Fiona,

sorry for slow reply. Sounds like you’ve got an exciting project. Think we’re going to try to have a small meet up so would be great if you can join!

Will message you with my contact details.

Cheers,

Stephen

Fiona McConnell
                    Participant

Hi Stephen,

Yes a meeting would be most welcome 🙂

I’ll look out for your message.

Best,

Fiona

Crispin Ryde
                      Participant

Hi Stephen/Fiona,

Searching through for active Birmingham based designers and retrofit professionals came across this thread. As I’ve only recently completed the AECB Passive House Designer course, I’m eager to put the lessons learned to good use and get in touch with those active in the area.

Appreciate I may be late for the first gathering…  But hopefully not too late to connect.

Crispin

Fiona McConnell
                        Participant

Hi Crispin,

As far as I know, we haven’t gathered yet! So we have a chance to snowball our group. Stephen was going to try to find a date to meet & I am definitely still keen to do that, and sooner rather than later – what do people think?

Fiona

Michael WEBB
                          Participant

We’re up to meeting up. As we are all from various areas around, would a centre of Birmingham venue be best as most public transport routes are radial?

Would weekday evening or sometime at a weekend be best for others. Do to work commitments our preference would probably be for weekend afternoon tea type time but not wedded to anything.

If people return with ideas I’ll set up a doodle poll to try to find a best fit.

Jill

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Michael WEBB. Reason: Spelling and clarity
                            Fiona McConnell
                            Participant

Thanks Jill!

Yes to all that – something fairly central makes sense. I’m pretty flexible with times, so a selection of dates & times on a poll would be the simplest way to choose 🙂

Looking forward to it!

Fiona

James Rixon
                              Participant

Hello, Birmingham Group,

I was searching for a different topic and spotted you thread and thought it was an ideal place to mention the retrofit reimagined event that is happening in Birmingham 13th-16th of July.

https://civicsquare.notion.site/Retrofit-Reimagined-9eb1d36585824faa89486ebfa12d1e86

It should be a great event.

James

Michael WEBB
                                Participant

Thanks James for this information. Life took over a bit after my offer to try to set up a Birmingham meeting. I wonder if this event might be a stimulus to try to meet together?

Unfortunately Michael and I are not around on the Saturday, and work commitments mean that the daytime activities will be patchily attended/difficult to attend.

How about trying to have a inaugural gathering on the Wednesday evening? (13th). This could be in the Edgbaston reservoir area if anyone knows of a place we could meet, or further towards town, or even in our garden (B29).  Ideas/comments gratefully received.

Michael and Jill

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.