Go to Forum Home Building Simulation Climate Data for Ghana

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi All

I am currently designing a new dwelling on the shores of the Atlantic in Winneba Ghana.

It is not intended that this will be a certified Passivhaus, however, I am keen to model in PHPP to assess the sketch proposal before progressing.

In addition the client is keen for lots of glass and while I have incorporated 3m overhangs I want to assess the impact in PHPP.

My first stumbling block came when the PHPP software climate data doesn't have an entry for Ghana. Since then I haven't been successful in finding climate data, nor am I 100% certain of exactly what I am after for the software.

Any pointers in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom Foster
      Participant

Does Meteonorm cover Ghana? It generates climate files for any location, interpolating/extrapolating from a large array of weather stations. Christian from WUFI/Fraunhofer says these are good enough except for missing driving rain data, which is important in WUFI but prob not in PHPP (or in Ghana!)

Thanks very much for the lead Tom – I will have a look and see what I can gather.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.