Go to Forum Home General Board Eco-building training courses?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Does anyone know of construction training courses with a focus on ecologial building? Preferably in the London area…

Eco Design
        Participant

Friedel

Could you be more specific about the type of eco-building course you are looking for. e.g. practical courses in one particular area or general? What specifically are you interested in?

Anonymous

Peter, I am just starting to research this as a possible career option. I am facing possible redundancy and so am thinking of how I might retrain.

My love for working with my hands led me to construction and as I'm interested in the environment and have always dreamed of building an environmentally friendly/self-sufficient home, I wondered if some construction training courses might be specifically designed with a “green angle” in mind.

Or might I be better just to train in construction and then look at courses that focus on green building later?

Andy Mitchell
            Participant

As a employer, also deeply committed to environmentally sensitive building, I would echo Peter's comments.  It is vital to get a thorough grounding in whichever craft area you are interested in.  You can almost certainly develop an understanding of the 'green' side of things by your own reading…and of course by joining the AECB (if you are not already a member), using the forum, going to the annual conference, networking with other members, receiving BFF etc.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.