Go to Forum Home Building Simulation Inputing future weather files into PHPP

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Nidhi Shah
      Participant

Is there any way of inputting future climate data like the prometheus weather files from 2050/2080 into PHPP?

Can those epw files be converted to PHPP suitable version?

Perhaps I am being naive and ambitious! I wanted to check how the project performs in future weather condition.

Many thanks,

Nidhi

I recently looked at the warming to date on the Met Office records for London and the rural W Midlands. and plotted some graphs. There seems to have been little more than a 0.5 K warming in the last 60 years at Shawbury. The London site I looked at, Heathrow, has it seems been affected by suburbanisation which can cause an apparent warming rate much higher than the true figure.

I think it is a lot more important to ensure that weather files are valid for the typical weather we have experienced over the last 30-60 years. Until winter 2009/10 I heard people saying that the climate was warming so much that we should be using new, much less severe different weather files, only to change their mind after December 2010 which was comparably cold to January 1979 or December 1981.

I also note that the Met Office has revised its models recently as well.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.