Go to Forum Home Building Services Low water use radiators

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am about to install a new central Heating System. At Eco build I saw low water use radiators that claimed high output and high efficiency, combined with fast reaction time all this and they save you money as well. Is this a fact or just overselling. What is the best radiator.

Alan Clarke
      Participant

Flat fronted radiators are easier to clean, but if you want to save money, get the cheapest ones.

Very low water content could be a disadvantage unless you have a weather-compensated system (very good but still rare in UK). Such rads. may fluctuate noticeably in temperature as the boiler cycles on and off (reduced comfort).

Rads. with very low water content in theory benefit a weather-compensated system by giving more precise control and will save a small amount of energy. So I don't think it's mis-selling. It gives you part of the story but it doesn't tell you everything.

If you want something that looks more acceptable, get steel column rads; e.g. Acova. If you want a relatively higher radiant heat output get single panels not doubles.

HTH,

David.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.