Go to Forum Home Building Services Neighbourhood district heating and electrical networks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Siddall
      Participant

Does anyone know of any good books on the subject?

(We have a client interested in building 200 houses and a neighbourhood district heating and electrical network could be well suited to this type of arrangement. I want to gem up on things so that I can have meaningful discussions with the client and a services engineer.)

Has anybody heard of/used a portagester? I heard about them the other day but haven't got any real detail on them. I got the impression that they could work well at composing waste and providing some heat at a neighbourhood level also.

Thanks in advance,
        Mark

Mark

Not so sure about books but try web-searching for the Danish Board of District Heating – hundreds of superb technical papers.

For people to design it …. not all M&E engineers know of anything outside the boundaries of a single building. AFAIK one of the UK's best district heating engineers is William Orchard, director of Orchard Partners (London) Ltd. He isn't an expert on the bigger picture, or on thermal insulation and air barrier detailing, but for heat mains and heat emitters I suspect he's exactly your man. (Since the collapse of communism he's spent a lot of time in eastern Europe improving the energy efficiency of their district heating systems.)

For someone so expert, he has remarkable few documents available on the web.

HTH

David.

Mark Siddall
        Participant

Thanks again David.

Mark

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.