Go to Forum Home Building Design Open Energy Monitor – Building performance

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I wondered if anyone had any experience of using Open Energy Monitor (http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/vision) at home or on completed projects for building monitoring?

It seems very powerful and affordable, if slightly complex and under developed. From what I can see you can easily remotely monitor (with internet connection) temperature and electricity consumption at multiple locations to a high degree of accuracy. Types of sensor is somewhat limited though, no Gas/humidity/CO2 without basically making the thing yourself!

Anonymous

Also, there seems to be a large POE shaped hold in the AECB forum! There are boards for Building Design, Building Services, Building renovation… what about Building Performance? Would be good to group some of these topics together, I've found a few threads through searching but they are all on different boards.

Will

Nick Grant
          Participant

Hi Will

Catching up on forum posts as have been too busy.

Re boards I always regret having set up the forum with so many boards but if there is a demand then I am sure another board can be created (I no longer do this). Problem is there is always overlap – eg with software and simulation?

Re OEM I think it is excellent and they are great people but I ran out of time playing with it before I was fully up to speed with what is a developing system. On my long list of things to get back into when I am at a loose end!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.