Go to Forum Home Building Services Passive ventilation control

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nick Grant
      Participant

Does anyone know of constant flow vent dampers or trickle vents? What I mean is vents that give similar flow in gentle breeze (or stack driven) and howling gale. I'm constantly adjusting vents as conditions change.

I nearly purchased some humidity controlled trickle vents but was not convinced they would sense the room air.

We have trickle in bedrooms, Baxi heat recover in shower and a stack and big cowl over the cooker with a 3W fan for when cooking. Latter has a Lindab butterfly damper to shut but something flow regulating would be great.

Any ideas?

Nick

Peter Warm
        Participant

Constant flow trickle vents are something I have seen several times in european systems, but I have not found an english manufacturer as yet.

Basically as the wind strength gets up, a flexible blade is bent across the opening to resrict the flow.

for an example see: http://projects.bre.co.uk/natvent/reports/monitoring/summary/nl3summ.pdf

Nick Grant
          Participant

Thanks Pete

Interesting.

Bit big to fit a window trickle vent but probably a good idea to do vent separate from window anyway. Ah well next house!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.