Go to Forum Home Materials and products Renders for external insulation.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am working on spedifying thick insulating overcladding for a Dorran type house [constructed of factory made concrete panels about 35mm thick with 1/2″ insulation but surprisingly durable] in Skye. Overcladding and render need to have agreement certificate to improve the re-sale value/ make mortgages possible.

Does anyone have experience of the relative durability of all the renders available for this? Also if there is a more eco version that is durable that would be interesting.

Ian Brown.

Anonymous

Thanks – I hadn't picked up that version. I was wondering about the most durable render finish as well.

Ian.

Nick Grant
          Participant

Hi Ian, how's things?

Render aside a weak area is windows etc which need detailing well. Some good products and systems available with beads that stick to window and allow movement without leakage. Nice metal cills for everything to drain into are good with no reliance on mastic would be my preferred route.

Render direct onto insulation is elegant but rain-screen approach is another way especially if using Larson truss and air based insulation.

Nick

Anonymous

Hi,

Things are fine, pretty busy.

This job has the windows there already [PVC]. Expecting to insulate the reveals as they have thick frames and that the overclad system will deal with that. Will check up though.

Not too much room to work in with the particular house. Looks like we can get a U of .25 [up from 2.5] so don't scoff!

Time to go out and strim all the growth in the field.

Ian.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.