Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Tyacke

Have any members any experience in PV slates.

Scottish Border Planners are stating that they require natural slate (black/blue grey) only to a new Passive House build, even though not in a Conservation area (Pre-Planning stage only).

I did send them a pic but recvd a reply saying that whilst the colour seemed OK, it had no texture!

Would welcome any feedback from members who may have used these products or have had a similar experience with Planners and roof finishes.

Thanks.

Tim Gilbert
    Participant

Christopher,

This will depend on your timescale. Tesla are promoting a black textured toughened glass slate that may be suitable but there will be no UK deliveries until some time next year. See https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/solarroof

Hopefully this suggestion will encourage some useful debate.

Best of luck,
    Tim

Chris Tyacke

Hi Tim,
    Thanks for response.
    I have looked at these but they don’t quite fit the bill. The most suitable I have found so far are from Nulok with an interesting mounting system although they do not look as natural as I would like.They are sending me some samples.
    The research continues………
    Chris.

Tim Gilbert
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I had a brief interest in Nulok a while back but needed tiles not slates. Another company I have been in touch with is http://www.soleccosolar.com
    If you haven’t yet you could look at their products. They have some texture but are much thicker than a slate.

Regards,
    Tim

Chris Tyacke

Hi Tim,
    Whilst I need slates, these tiles look very similar.
    Have made contact with Solecco so will see what they can offer.
    Thanks for taking the time to supply info. – much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Chris.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.