Go to Forum Home Literature and resources sustainable refurbishment and extensions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Peter Draper
      Participant

Dear people,

Over the next couple of months we will be undertaking a project to research and develop a range of CAD drawings and data that will illustrate how sustainable buildings technologies / materials can be utilised in a variety of refurbishments and extension types to existing buildings.

Although there is a variety of information presently available on the market and provided in regulation documents, there is no central and accessible point where you can freely use a library of comprehensive and generically formatted series of drawings and technical data in this particular field of interest. If you know of one though please could you let me know?

Once the drawings have been completed they will be put into easy to read formats with clear instructions and a list of potential issues to be aware of. I’m sure you will agree this type of practical information will be useful for the building industry and for those who might not necessarily have a grounding in this subject.

I’m presently looking at loft conversions, but will also, research rear extensions, porches and side extensions executed in a sustainable manner. Does anyone know of any literature or specific projects, which lead in this direction? Any information would be appreciated

kind regards,

rounded developments

Anonymous

Peter,

I'm a newbie to this forum so I may be months too late but I have completed a sustainable loft and rear extension project on my Victorian end-of-terrace house in Twickenham if it is of interest to you still.

Mark

SimmondsMills
          Participant

Mark
            are you monitoring your utility bills, fuel usage etc? If so would you be prepared to share (on an anonymised basis) this data with the AECB? We are starting to build a database for helping to learn from the energy and co2 performance of buildings, and are inviting anyone who has data to contact us.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.