Go to Forum Home General Board Tips on living in an (almost) passive house

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

1. Remember to look at the thermometer BEFORE you leave the house, there is no other indication of how flipping cold it is outside unless it's snowy or frosty.
        2. If you start feeling a bit faint while sanding the woodwork, or in fact any other physical activity remove your jumper before requesting medical attention.
        3. Sow lots of stuff, 20-21C is ideal germination temperature, stuff that would have taken 2 weeks in our old house has come up in 2 days here
        4. Tell EVERYONE about your low energy bills, NOT the fancy kit or how hard it was to find a decent builder/engineer/supplier
        5. Remind your wife at every opportunity that we REALLY didn't need the woodburner to augment the little condensing boiler (I cannot be held responsible for any injuries that you may suffer)

Feel free to add your own 🙂

Nick Grant
        Participant

🙂

It's a lovely home you have built Tahir and it is interesting to spot so many forum discussions turned into concrete results!

Nick

Anonymous

Couldn't have built it without the concrete 😉

Anonymous

Tahir

Is information about your build available online? Could you post a link?

David

Anonymous

Unfortunately not. Maybe I should turn this thread into one about the house? Here's a few pics of the outside:

Anonymous

Some of the architects drawings:

Anonymous

cannot see the links – aecb members only?

Anonymous

I don't think so. You should be able to see them as long as you're logged in. I'll check with the forum admin.

Anonymous

posts 4&5 have paperclip symbols next to the subject line but I cannot see pictures or links

Anonymous

I can see them here, anyone else with issues?

Tom Foster
                          Participant

I can see them

Anonymous

OK, I will look into this

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.