Go to Forum Home Building Simulation Treated Floor Area – lifts

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Can anyone please advise whether lifts form part of the treated floor area in PHPP?

Thanks
        Daniela

Anonymous

Hi Daniela

I advised my clients on an apartment block refit to site the new lifts outside the TFA. A lot of the German retrofits seem to have done this. I can post links if you want.

Ralph

Nick Grant
          Participant

Not included in TFA.

If TFA rules were to be revised and simplified (a few of us have argued for this) then I'd push for lifts to be included but that's another thread elsewhere.

Nick

Anonymous

If TFA rules were to be revised and simplified (a few of us have argued for this)

Yea, +42

then I'd push for lifts to be included but that's another thread elsewhere.

Why? It's not exactly habitable space; more like stairs, surely?

Nick Grant
              Participant

My thinking is more WRT domestic. You might get 2 identical homes but one has a wheelchair user so needs a lift, not something people add to be flamboyant.

Nick

Anonymous

That makes sense, and illustrates how political footballs are created, I suppose. It all depends on whether the client is an obnoxious millionaire footballer/banker or a social housing association building for a differently-abled salt-of-the-earth person. I begin to understand why PHI punted the definition to somebody else (some German rental law makers, AIUI)!

Nick Grant
                  Participant

🙂

I'm driven more by wanting to simplify than campaigning for fairness on this one. Whatever metric is chosen it will be wrong and open to game play.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.