Go to Forum Home General Board Webcam project films

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tom Foster
      Participant

Prompted by https://aecb.net/forum/index.php/topic,1971.0.html , does anyone know how to go about setting up a webcam fast-motion film of a 4-month building project? Hardware, software, tips and mistakes to avoid. For instance, the film linked to above is very hard indeed to watch because of the fluttering of extreme light levels. Can the cam be set up, or the video data be normalised, to a constant-illumination lower-two-thirds, and let the sky go light and dark as it wishes?

Anonymous

I haven't done anything like this but perhaps you wouldn't mind me offering a tip or two.

The video link you gave, I felt it tried to show too much. With so much movement and contrast in light levels, you can't really see what's going on.
          Perhaps it would work better if pictures were taken at less frequent intervals then phased together in a video editing program. Also, it might work better if the pictures were taken with similar light levels and less clutter around the site.
          I've used Adobe Premier Elements to create home videos before and I'm sure you could do something really good with this type of video.

Rob

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.