PhD Studentship in Transport Analysis
UCL-Energy invites applications for a fully funded (UK/EU fees plus stipend) 3.5-year PhD studentship funded under the EPSRC’s DTG programme.
• We are looking to fund thesis topics in the fields of air transport, urban transport, or shipping in one of the following three areas: Modelling air transport systems and energy use; Modelling urban transport and energy use or Shipping energy demand analysis (quantitative or qualitative).
• We are looking for a candidate with a specialism in quantitative modelling (engineering, economics, mathematics, computer sciences, operations research, quantitative social science), applicable to modelling air or urban transport systems and energy use.
• You will receive a tax free stipend of approx. £16,000 plus UK/EU fees for four years (conditions apply) plus an additional £1,000 per annum to spend on research related expenses.
Deadline for first wave of applications – Friday 16 January 2015!
Read more and find out how to apply at:
PhD Studentships available in energy demand
UCL-Energy invites applications for up to 8 fully funded (UK/EU fees plus stipend) 4-year PhD studentships in energy demand for 2015/16 entry, as part of the London-Loughborough EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Research in Energy Demand (a collaboration between UCL-Energy and Loughborough University).
• As one of our students you will join a vibrant and diverse community of academics and graduate students;
• Our research addresses new challenges within five themes, grouped around major research programmes: Technology and systems, Energy epidemiology, Urban scale energy demand, Building performance and process, Unintended consequences.
• Applications are invited from eligible applicants with a good first degree (1st or 2:1) in one of the following areas: physics, mathematics, engineering, chemistry, natural sciences, materials science, geographical sciences, social sciences, psychology, architecture, other building-related disciplines.
• You will receive a tax free stipend of approx. £17,090 plus UK/EU fees for four years (conditions apply).
Deadline for applications – Friday 30 January 2015!
Read more and find out how to apply at