The AECB owns and operates this website. The AECB is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information collected about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
By submitting information to the AECB you consent to the AECB using that information as set out in this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page, and by continuing to use the AECB’s services you will signify that you agree to any such changes. The AECB may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website or to enable registered members and non-members to be recognized and logged on quickly. This can include using a cookie which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening.
- Your personal information is not required to visit this website.
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested/required during account registration for interactive participation, membership on this website and during the ordering process.
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and are automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers which your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use is not attached to personally identifiable information.
For access to posting on the non-members’ area of the forum, we require you to register with a suitable user name, password and a valid email address. By registering you agree that the AECB may from time to time use your email address to promote the AECB and its services to you. The AECB will not use your email address for any other purpose, or transfer the information you give to a third party.
The information that the AECB holds about you is that supplied when you enroll as a member, or that supplied by you subsequently. In addition the AECB will hold information such as renewal dates which are required for the efficient administration of the AECB. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name and business name
- Email address
- Other information required to enable efficient administration by the AECB
- Records of transactions with you
The AECB never collects sensitive information (for example sexual orientation or racial origin) about you. You will always be given the option of withholding your personal details from Membership Listings, both on the website and in any printed form. If you would like to change your options at any time please contact AECB .
The AECB will not share, sell or distribute your personal data with unrelated third parties except where they are acting for or on behalf of the AECB under contract to provide a service to members.
The AECB will endeavour to maintain any information held about you in as accurate and up to date manner as possible. It is the responsibility of members to check the accuracy of their details and advise of any changes necessary. You can check the information held about you either by contacting us in writing, or when available, by checking your personal record through the secure section of the website. If you find any inaccuracies these will be deleted or corrected promptly.
Personal information will be held securely in accordance with the law. Because of the global nature of the Internet the information you provide may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well protected environment.
- The AECB only shares personal information to billing companies for completing transactions and for no other purpose. No other information is shared with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- The AECB makes every effort to preserve your privacy. Personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
This website relies on “cookie” technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile during a web session. This mechanism is employed solely for your convenience and for no other purpose.
If you need more information about cookies and how you can modify your browser settings please visit this site
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the AECB are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
This web site takes every precaution to protect our visitor’s information. When visitors submit sensitive information via the web site, their information is protected both online and off-line. We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our customers’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.