The CarbonLite Retrofit Training Course is an online course, aimed principally at UK construction professionals and those whose role involves decision making around retrofit. It brings together a wealth of knowledge on low energy building retrofit and methodology. To get the most out of taking the full course you will already have good professional knowledge within the construction sector. You will have a serious interest in how to do advanced energy efficient retrofit and be wanting to deepen your understanding of building physics and the risks associated with measures, to enable you to make informed decisions.
Homeowners with a desire to drive their own retrofit projects will also find this course useful. While only the more technically minded will be interested in all the detail, there is much useful knowledge even for those who are less technical.
- Read and follow modules at your leisure, to fit around work and other commitments
- There is an online test at the end of most lessons to check your learning
- Communicate with fellow students and the module tutor to discuss learning or to post questions arising from the material on the dedicated on-line forum.
- For each of the core modules there will be a homework task using a live project or your own house. This will be reviewed via an on-line tutorial involving contributions from both tutors and students using the homework as case studies.
- The direct and indirect benefits of robust retrofit
- Climate zones, local micro-climates and impact of changing weather patterns
- Understanding existing building structures and materials
- Energy and buildings
- Moisture and buildings
- Building services, including ventilation and heat
- Financial appraisal – is retrofit a good investment?
- Case studies
You must be an AECB member to do this training course.