The Sustainable Homes Network is planning an outing in April to a retro fit project near Meldreth.
If you are interested in joining them, please email Penny Learmonth at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and to get the full address.
This project is a retro-fitting of some barns converted to workshops for the production of stage sets/scenery. Their renovation has involved:
· the installation of 50kW of PV on the roofs
· the replacement of the outside walls and roofs of one barn
· the complete rebuilding of another barn with special pre-insulated Kingspan panels
· 600m² of underfloor heating installed for one workshop and overhead warm air blowers for two other workshops
· heat is supplied by an ETA wood chip boiler.
The owner will be on site to give a tour and answer questions.